First Literacy’s mission is to ensure that adults with low-literacy or limited English proficiency have high-quality educational opportunities that enable them to thrive as individuals and as family members, in their workplaces, and in their communities. We not only support the development of individual students, but also enhance the capacity of literacy education providers. Our goals in service of this mission are to:
- Promote innovation and best practices within Greater Boston adult education programs through our First Literacy Lab;
- Develop high quality programs through professional development workshops for adult educators; and
- Encourage and support adult learners’ educational progress through our scholarships and mentoring program.
Join our mailing lists to learn more and stay up to date!
- To join our Program Mailing List, including professional development workshop announcements, Teachers’ Circles sign-ups, scholarship information, and First Literacy Lab call for proposals, click here.
- To join our General Information Mailing List, including First Literacy event announcements, Corporate Spelling Bee information, and more, please click here.