Professional Development Workshops
First Literacy supports Adult Basic Education in Massachusetts by planning and facilitating Professional Development Workshops for ABE teachers, program administrators, coordinators, and counselors. The goal of these workshops is to strengthen ABE programs by providing approaches and resources that participants may immediately implement and share with others in their programs. Most workshops consist of two three-hour sessions and are facilitated by First Literacy and local ABE professionals. All workshops are free to staff members of ABE programs.
To register for professional development opportunities, click on the registration link for the specific workshop or Teachers’ Circle you are looking for in the red box on the right hand side of this page.
ESOL Teachers’ Networking Circles
First Literacy’s ESOL Teachers’ Networking Circles provides professional enhancement and networking opportunities for ESOL teachers in Massachusetts. Presentations, discussion forums, and networking are included in each two-hour teachers’ circle, and held in the fall, winter, and spring throughout the school year.
ABE Teachers’ Networking Circles
Due to a large demand in the field and a positive response to the ESOL Teachers’ Networking Circles, First Literacy introduced a series of ABE Teachers’ Networking Circles during the 2016-2017 school year.
In the 2015-2016 school year:
- 15 workshops held throughout academic year, including one at the Massachusetts Coalition of Adult Educators’ Network
- 3 ESOL Teachers’ Circles held
- 54 hours of professional development presented
- 94 programs from throughout the region represented
- 381 attendees participated in the workshops
- 106 educators attended more than one workshop
- More than 6,000 adult students impacted by teachers’ participation
For more information, please contact our Director of Programs, Lenore Balliro, at email@example.com or at 617.482.3336 x13.