Our summer gardening project will have two components. ABCD Mattapan will provide ESOL instruction to a multi-level group of students. We will focus on vocabulary related to the environment, gardening, plants, and vegetables. We will help students use language to describe and talk about their gardening process, and compare gardening in their home countries and in the United States. Once a week, students will work with a garden educator at the City Natives teaching garden where they will learn hands on skills in gardening and farming.
- First Literacy Celebrates Change-Makers and Innovators Impacting the Lives of Adult Learners Throughout Massachusetts
- What Difference Does It Make?
- We/Us/Ours: Empowering Educators and Learners to Discuss LGBTQ+ Identities
- Teaching to the Test: A Practical Guide to the Preparation of Immigrants and Refugees for the Citizenship Interview
- Thankful for Literacy and Generosity