Research shows that iPads are a very effective tool in teaching literacy to students who have no reading or writing experience because they are not unlike students’ phones. Center for New Americans used their grant to develop a curriculum using the iPad for pre-literate students and to share curriculum and best practices with other teachers, thus building organizational capacity.
- First Literacy Celebrates Change-Makers and Innovators Impacting the Lives of Adult Learners Throughout Massachusetts
- What Difference Does It Make?
- We/Us/Ours: Empowering Educators and Learners to Discuss LGBTQ+ Identities
- Teaching to the Test: A Practical Guide to the Preparation of Immigrants and Refugees for the Citizenship Interview
- Thankful for Literacy and Generosity