BCYF is seeking to develop a program that will assist students in learning more efficient techniques of writing. Students will develop proper habits of writing for use in both passing the state HSE exam as well as developing confidence to express themselves at the next step (community college/skills training) in a manner that is acceptable to academia or workforce development. In this project, we will combine evidence-based techniques for teaching writing with keyboarding as these are necessary skills for passing high school equivalency and obtaining success in community college and/or skills training. Research indicates that 50% of HSE candidates failed the exam the first time. 25% of those failures are on the ELA Writing exam. Many of these failures are due to poor essay writing skills.
- First Literacy Celebrates Change-Makers and Innovators Impacting the Lives of Adult Learners Throughout Massachusetts
- What Difference Does It Make?
- We/Us/Ours: Empowering Educators and Learners to Discuss LGBTQ+ Identities
- Teaching to the Test: A Practical Guide to the Preparation of Immigrants and Refugees for the Citizenship Interview
- Thankful for Literacy and Generosity